Kiten (Bulgarian: Китен, meaning "lovely, pretty") is a resort town on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast, part of Burgas Province. It is situated on the small Urdoviza peninsula, near the mouth of the Kiten River, and has two beaches: Atliman and Urdoviza.
Until the Balkan Wars in 1912–1913, there was only an unmanned pier used to export wood and charcoal on the site. Kiten was founded in 1931 by 30 families of Bulgarian refugees from Eastern Thrace who resettled there from the newly-founded refugee village of Fazanovo. However, the area has roots from Antiquity, as amphoras from the 6th century BC were found on the south beach (Urdoviza). Kiten was declared a national resort in 1962, and since 1981 it had been administratively a quarter of nearby Primorsko. On 17 June 2005 the former village was proclaimed a separate town  in order to more effectively cope with the growing number of tourists, primarily from the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Serbia, Russia and Germany (as of the summer of 2005).